Be Flexible. 7 reasons Why Yoga should be a part of your healthy life.
Yoga is designed to unite the mind, body and spirit and has been practiced for thousands of years with a wide range of benefits. Yoga makes the body more flexible and helps you relax even in the midst of a stressful, hectic lifestyle.
Bringing yoga into your daily routine is one of the best ways you can experience an overall improvement in physical fitness and overall health. We have outlined these 7 main benefits of yoga as being standouts in the long list of health benefits from yoga.
- Stress Relief – Yes that is a broad statement and stress relief can be a number of different things to different people. A few of these things do include decreased cortisol production, quality of sleep improves, pain decreases, balance increases. For people who suffer with depression yoga has been known to relieve some of the symptoms.
- Increased Physical Strength – Yoga creates awareness of the body and movements, increased range of motion in joints, improved posture and endurance. All of these contribute to an overall increase in physical strength.
- Increased Energy levels – If you need a change from the highs and lows of the caffeine cycle, yoga may offer one of the best options for you. Improved sleep, cardiovascular efficiency and improved respiratory efficiency are some of the contributors to an overall increase in real energy which can be free of caffeinated beverages.
- Improved Mental Clarity – I did yoga for a short while when I started seeing some of the very real benefits for overall improved mental clarity and focus. With improved memory, concentration and ability to be more attentive yoga definitely gives the brain a boost.
- Weight Management – Now I say this as just what is stated, weight management. If weight loss is what you are looking for you should consult your Physician since may need very different resources depending on your own needs. When it comes to weight management I definitely noticed that yoga does help in maintaining a healthy weight. All of the previously mentioned reasons also contribute to this.
- Improved Flexibility – This can be a big deal especially as we get older. Yoga increases the range of motion in the joints and lengthens out muscles, tendons and ligaments giving more physical flexibility.
- Improved Cardiovascular Conditioning – This is not to be understated. Yoga helps improve oxygen intake and resting heart rate both of which are critical to a healthy heart.
All that being said a little yoga goes a long way…